Ty needed to get some really precise holes drilled in his frame assembly. My pillar drill is incredibly inaccurate, and those holes were sort of make it or break it for the project- As luck would have it, Olav had acquired a professional pillar drill /milling machine some time ago, and we drove to the workshop where it still is. (He hasn't moved it home yet).
We got all the holes drilled, two that were square to the surface, two that were at a 15.6 degrees and two that were 14.7 degrees to the surface (like all chair making angles it is measured from 90 degrees.)
This machine was up to the task and I am a quite a bit jealous at Olav for having such a nice machine.
Good thing that I can borrow it though :-)
Brian started adzing out his seat, and he has made good progress.
I worked on the seat and got all the holes laid out and drilled. Next I made the legs and that was done with the copy attachment on my lathe. This attachment works really well, and the whitebeam gave a nice surface. I am not a fast turner, but using this attachment made it both fast and I ended up having four identical looking legs.
Olav continued on the shaving horse, and was mostly occupied in making huge mortises in the base and the upper rest part.
Drilling on the Arboga drilling machine.
Ty in action.
14.7 degrees really is possible with this machine!
Drilling holes in the seat.
My drilling guide for ensuring 7 degrees holes.
Brian adzing away.
Turning a leg with the copy attachment.