Thursday, June 28, 2018

Smith & Wesson 629 presentation case 9, glamour shot

While I was home this time, I received a picture of the Smith & Wesson revolver in its new presentation case.

I am happy to see that it did indeed fit because I only had some rough measurements to work out from.

I had imagined that the small compartment could have been used for a "quick loader" (or what the name is), but I don't know if my friend has got one of those, so for now he has stored some more ammunition in there.

I am kind of tempted to make another presentation case, because it was an interesting project. But I might try to order some baize next time to use for the lining instead of hobby felt.

Smith & Wesson 629 in presentation case.

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'm sure the owner is proud to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian
      Thanks, he wrote to me that: While he might not be the most accurate shooter in the club, at least he was the one with the best looking case :-)
      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy.
      Polished brass parts like cartridges looks impressive with green felt.

      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Jonas. Glad he didn't have to saw or file his gun to fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff

      That would indeed have been a bummer if he had to shorten the barrel to make it fit :-)

      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete