I managed to glue the case together the other night. I had to use two lashings, since I didn't have enough clamps. One of the ends had started to cup, and I needed to clamp it to get it to look right.
Sadly the glue that I have been using isn't the best anymore, so I had a glue fail.
I have had suspicions on the glue being past its premium ever since I started the project. It has a shelf life of 12 months provided it is kept below 20 degrees Celsius. Those 12 months expired 3 years ago, and I guess that the average temperature in the stores room is 28 - 30 degrees Celsius.
The other glue options are contact glue or 2 component glue.
So I'll just continue to use this.
The secret compartments are slowly progressing. they are slowed down by the fact that I needed to glue in a divider, and then I had to wait for the glue to dry before being able to work on it again.
I have managed to make the first secret compartment, and tonight I plan to start on one of the drawers.
Leaning against the tool board, is the panel glue up for the lid.
The lid has been flattened on one side, and I have started doing the other side, so I don't just sit idle while the glue is drying.