It was made of a similar strip as the dust seal, but it was reduced to 1.5" in height (38 mm), this was also the height of the angled groove above the bottom.
The divider had its top rounded, and I started measuring from my 1:1 scale drawing, to transfer the measurements to the box itself.
A fine thing about adding a layer of felt later on is that you don't have to worry about markings etc. And the interior finish can also be left a bit more coarse.
I chiseled a small dado where the divider would meet the dust seal, so that the end of the divider had some support.
Since the divider is fairly thin, sort of 1/4", I was not sure if it could stand up to the load if it was merely glued together with a butt joint. So I took the extra time and dovetailed the pieces together with a mitered top. I marked the dovetails out by hand and surprisingly they went along really fine. at least the two that were right angle joints did.
The angled joint wasn't very impressive, but it will still hold up better than a butt joint, and in the end it will all be covered with felt.
The completed divider was glued to the bottom of the case, and the ends were glued into the dadoes that I had made.
With that part out of the way, I started on gluing up a block of wood that will receive 50 holes for holding the ammunition to the revolver.
Divided interior, dust seal and lid
First part of the divider.
Eyeballed mitered dovetails.
Gluing the divider in its place.