Monday, March 15, 2021

Herringbone parquet table

Two weeks ago, Gustav sent me a mail asking if I had some wood that he could use to make a herringbone parquet table of.

I replied with a suggestion of using some roof laths, since I was a bit uncertain if I had enough ash for him to make a table. I tried to write to him later on the hear about the table since I was very curious, but since I didn't get any response I figured that he had given up on the project. (I hadn't received an answer as to whether the table was a commission, an experiment or something for himself either.)

When we got close to Norway some days ago, I called just to chat with the family, and Gustav suddenly asked if I had any shellac? I told him that I did, and asked what he was going to use it for. He replied that naturally it was for the herringbone table. 

He had become so immersed in the project that he hadn't thought about informing me at all, but all in all, he had almost completed a tabletop. And he even sent me some pictures to prove it.
We talked a bit about the different ways to make an undercarriage for a table, but I am not sure which type he will make. I guess I'll just have to see when I get back home.


Herringbone parquet tabletop.





3 comments:

  1. The apple did not fell far from the tree. Very promissing

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very impressed too. It will be interesting to see what type of undercarriage he will make for the table.

      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete