The posts each have two mortises for receiving the sides and ends.
I decided to try to make some acorn shaped tops on the posts, but I'm not quite sure how they will look once they have been sanded.
The next step is to make some grooves for attaching the bottom of the bed, and then off course to make the bottom.
After that it should be a matter of sanding the parts and assemble the bed.
I have made a carving of a small princess' crown on the head board as a decoration, that way the bed can not be mistaken for an ordinary doll bed.
Some of the mortises and tenons are a bit too loose, but I intend to ad some small nails to reinforce the joint anyway.
The preliminary assembly.