Thursday, November 30, 2017

Another Danish blog on traditional woodworking

One of the kind people who has commented on my blog is Mikkel from Denmark.
We have a couple of times touched upon the subject that there wasn't any woodworking blogs written in Danish.
As a result I started the bloksav blog (which is the Danish name of a mulesaw).

And behold!
Mikkel has resurrected his old blog called Haandkraft. He writes in a very informative language about the projects that he makes. He uses hand tools (though he admits having a chain saw)

I really hope that it will be possible to get just a tiny bit more people engaged in some sort of woodworking, now that it is possible to read about in Danish.
However International the woodworking community may be, there may still be someone out there who find it easier to read a blog in their native language.


11 comments:

  1. I try not to use that chainsaw. I am afraid it will eat my legs if it gets a chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, it is always a good idea to try to stay safe :-)
      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
  2. Haandkraft is such a nice blog. Even if I only look at the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed, he is better at taking pictures than I am :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Brian Eve said.
    Unfortunately it is plagued by the new Photobucket policy.
    Sylvain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvain.

      I have never heard of any photobucket policy?
      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
    2. The policy works something like this: "We used to host your images online for free, so you could use them on your blog... but now we just hold them hostage. Pay us unless you want to edit all your past blogposts. Have a nice day"

      It looks something like this: https://haandkraft.blogspot.dk/2012/02/crossbow-quiver-pt1.html

      Delete
    3. Hi Mikkel

      I have just checked. That is problematic.
      Actually I had seen images or warnings like this before, but I never quite figured out the reason for them.
      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
  5. Agree and inspired totally with the idea of being an old school in the times when everything around is ultra modern. The Danish version of a blog sounds fascinating and I am certainly going to follow all your posts.

    https://www.dizylocal.com.au/best-carpenters-melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celine

      Thank you for the nice comment.
      I hope that you will enjoy reading my blog.
      Brgds
      Jonas

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete