We have finished adding the sub roof (not sure if it is the correct term) and have added the laths on the front side roof of the house.
During the construction of the sub room, I even had use of the old circular sawmill to make some timber for repair purposes.
I have tried to salvage as many of the original tiles as possible. I believe they date from when the house was built in 1924, and they are too good to be thrown away. Off course some of them broke and some were already cut to fit the chamfered part of the gable (valm in Danish).
Nevertheless, I think there is around 3000 pieces left, so I should be able to make a nice little shed at the summer house once I get to that project.
This constant working on the house has sadly left my workshop in a very messy condition. gave Last evening I tried to do a little tidying up and just removing the chips from the planer and the various small pieces of wood helped a lot. I plan to continue tonight as well.
My neighbour whom I gave my old workbench once told me that he had always dreamt of trying to do some wood turning. I gave him a set of turning gouges and skews etc. that I had once picked up for a song. It is some no-name Chinese tools, but OK to find out if he liked it.
The problem was that he needed a lathe. I knew that my father had once purchased a fine lathe at an auction, and I don't think that he has ever used it. So I called him and explained the case and asked if he wanted to sell it. He agreed, and I bought his lathe and sold my lathe to my neighbour for the same amount of money (very cheap).
So now I have a new lathe. The advantage to this lathe compared to my old on is that there are some more accessories to this one. E.g. a four jaw chuck and a copy attachment. Apart form that the two are almost identical.
The new lathe is a bit lower that my old lathe. So I guess that it was designed for school use. I will have to teach my children how to use it once the rood is finished.
The roof with new laths on the front side
The messy workshop
The new lathe before attaching the stand