Finally the drawers are all assembled.
I made an insert bottom for the two main drawers, and nailed them in place with shortened homemade nails.The last secret drawer was glued up, and should be ready for the final trimming today.
I turned some drawer pulls, which didn’t take very long. The first one took an estimated five minutes, and the rest three minutes each. Turning something to the correct diameter is easy on a metal lathe. Once you know which dial position corresponds to an 8 mm diameter, it is very quick work. In addition they don’t have to be 100% alike. I used the trusty hacksaw as a parting tool, to avoid changing the setting of the iron and thus disturbing my quick 8 mm setting.
The drawers with their pulls glued in place.