Thursday, August 22, 2013
Japanese Vintage Chisels?
My brother is visiting from Japan. (Yes, he is Danish, but currently lives in Japan). I will let him write the remaining part of this post.
--- --- ---
Hello Everyone! This is Jonas's brother Jens. I am visiting Jonas for a few days from Japan and tonight he has just taught me to make dovetails! (Tails first!) - More on this another day.
We talked about an idea to sell vintage Japanese chisels, like the ones in the picture, and would appreciate your feedback on this.
1) Would you be interested in buying vintage/antique Japanese chisels via ebay, directly from Japan?
2) Would you rather buy them as a set or as single chisels?
3) Any other Japanese vintage tools you would be interested in?
4) Would postage of about 15-20 USD for 1-2 chisels be too much?
5) Would you prefer the chisels to be cleaned/ sharpened or just buy as is?
We know there is a few people selling these on ebay already (also directly from Japan) but thought there might be room for one more vendor?
All comments, ideas and suggestions VERY welcome!